PROGRAM MANAGER, PUENTES ABROAD – ARGENTINA
Come work at Puentes Abroad, our dynamic global education company!
We are an international education company, designing and implementing customized and meaningful internship and study abroad programs in Argentina. We bridge university students and recent graduates to professional, academic, and cultural opportunities in Buenos Aires, Argentina. We achieve this through meticulous and cheerful organization, local knowledge of Argentina, and vast experience working with U.S. universities, students, and young professionals.
Puentes seeks a part-time Program Manager, starting August 1, 2018.
Major Functions and Responsibilities:
- Internship Oversight: Conduct internship oversight meetings with supervisors from top nonprofits, businesses, and government agencies and their student interns, in order to ensure that Puentes continues to provide high quality professional experiences.
- Professional development: Conduct one-on-one resume and interview workshops with student participants to provide personalized feedback and best practices.
- Program design: Help to conceptualize and craft detailed itineraries for the internship programs and study abroad programs.
- Reporting: Assist in creating evaluation tools, collecting program feedback, and compiling client reports with program reviews and recommendations.
- Cultural activities: Plan and supervise local cultural activities, day trips, overnight excursions, airport pick-ups, and orientations to help introduce participants to Argentina’s culture.
- On-site support: Provide general on-site support for students by handling their day-to-day inquiries and by being a de facto expert on all things related to life in Buenos Aires.
- Emergency management: Manage 24/7 emergency phone number available to all students and act as first responder for any health and safety emergencies.
- Social media coordination: Conceptualize and implement social media campaigns for the company.
- Professional speakers: Assist in arranging “Puentes Presenta” professional speakers series with leaders from businesses, government agencies, and nonprofits in Buenos Aires.
- Who is our ideal candidate? Excellent group management know-how, outstanding organizational skills, strong problem solving abilities, and interpersonal tact are required. Must have a proactive, creative approach.
- Language: Fluency in English and Spanish is essential in order to effectively manage groups of U.S. students and to coordinate with local providers and partners in Argentina.
- Education and experience: An undergraduate degree is required, with a strong preference for at least two to three years of experience in program management and working with international students.
- Time commitment: Expected 20 to 30 hours per week of part-time work, with the number of hours depending on the candidate's experience level. Flexibility in availability is requested in order to manage occasional evening and weekend activities.
- Work location: Work is primarily done remotely, with a weekly in-person team meeting in Recoleta or Palermo, and a weekly team phone call. Additional partnership meetings, internship oversight meetings, and events take place throughout the year in Capital Federal, with the bulk of meetings held during our high season from June to August of each year.
Salary to be determined in accordance with experience level.