PROGRAM ASSISTANT, PUENTES ABROAD – ARGENTINA
Come work at Puentes Abroad, our dynamic global education company!
We are an international education company, designing and implementing customized and meaningful internship and study abroad programs in Argentina. We bridge university students and recent graduates to professional, academic, and cultural opportunities in Buenos Aires, Argentina. We achieve this through meticulous and cheerful organization, local knowledge of Argentina, and vast experience working with U.S. universities, students, and young professionals.
Puentes seeks a part-time Program Assistant, starting November 1, 2018.
Major Functions and Responsibilities:
- Housing management: Develop new housing partners. Conduct housing check-ins, manage housing payments, and handle any housing issues by liaising with students and housing hosts.
- Cultural activities: Plan and supervise local cultural activities, day trips, overnight excursions, airport pick-ups, and orientations to help introduce participants to Argentina’s culture.
- On-site support: Provide general on-site support for students by handling their day-to-day inquiries and by being a de facto expert on all things related to life in Buenos Aires.
- Emergency management: Manage 24/7 emergency phone number available to all students and act as first responder for any health and safety emergencies.
- Marketing and alumni relations: Create and distribute information to recruit internship program participants via online platforms, social media, and targeted email outreach. Improve alumni relationships to help attract new engagement.
Assist as needed with:
- Program design: Help to conceptualize and craft detailed itineraries for the internship programs and study abroad programs.
- Reporting: Assist in creating evaluation tools, collecting program feedback, and compiling client reports with program reviews and recommendations.
- Professional speakers: Assist in arranging “Puentes Presenta” professional speakers series with leaders from businesses, government agencies, and nonprofits in Buenos Aires.
- Who is our ideal candidate? Excellent group management know-how, outstanding organizational skills, strong problem solving abilities, and interpersonal tact are required. Must have a proactive, creative approach. There are no typical days at Puentes, which is part of what makes our work so exciting; each day brings a new challenge, a new project, or a new adventure, so we seek someone who embraces this type of dynamic and cheerful approach to work.
- Language: Fluency in English and Spanish is essential in order to effectively manage groups of U.S. students and to coordinate with local providers and partners in Argentina.
- Education and experience: An undergraduate degree is preferred, with a strong preference for at least one to two years of experience in program coordination and working with international students.
- Argentina know-how: In-depth knowledge of the ins and outs of living in Buenos Aires, with at least six months of experience in navigating the city. Enthusiasm for Argentina and a desire to share the country's vibrancy and culture with international students.
- Time commitment: Expected 20 to 30 hours per week of part-time work, with the number of hours depending on the candidate's experience level. Flexibility in availability is requested in order to manage occasional evening and weekend activities.
- Work location: Work is primarily done remotely, with a weekly in-person team meeting in Recoleta or Palermo, and a weekly team phone call. Additional events take place throughout the year in the City of Buenos Aires, with the bulk of activities held during our high season from mid-May to August of each year.
Salary to be determined in accordance with experience level.