**The 2017 Puentes Abroad Scholarships have now closed, so please check back later this year for details on the 2018 Scholarship Contest. In the meantime, contact Puentes to find out about external funding sources to help you cover the program fee.**
Puentes is thrilled to announce our annual Scholarship Contest to help fund engaging internships in Buenos Aires, Argentina, through our comprehensive and personalized program.
One complete scholarship to cover 100% of the Puentes program fee (value of US$3,955) and one partial scholarship to cover 50% of the Puentes program fee (value of US$1,977), including the following:
- Internship placement and experience at a high-performing nonprofit or business, with meaningful work and close guidance for eight weeks
- Professional development with one-on-one resume and interviewing workshops
- Cultural immersion with Buenos Aires city tour, tango lesson, day trip to Argentine ranch
- Housing in a comfortable, pre-screened, well-located student residence for eight weeks
- Ongoing support with pre-departure information, airport pick up, welcome orientation, 24/7 emergency support in Buenos Aires
Write a 500-word letter to Puentes Abroad on how you hope to impact the world as a global citizen through your work. Submit your letter together with your professional resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 15, 2017. Remember to put your first and last name on all documents.
The scholarships cover an eight-week internship program, which can be completed any time from May 29 to August 25, 2017. Application deadline is January 15, 2017, and winners will be announced by February 15, 2017.
All undergraduate students currently enrolled in an accredited university, who are at least 18 years old. You must be a citizen or legal resident of the U.S. to apply. There are no Spanish language requirements.
Start your summer 2016 adventure today! The perfect summer internship destination, Buenos Aires is one of the most cosmopolitan cities of South America and has cultural offerings for everyone, ranging from myriad restaurants and historical sites to dance houses and expansive city parks. Intern at a high-performing nonprofit or business, learn Spanish, gain professional skills, and be immersed in Argentina.
Be sure to LIKE Puentes Abroad on our Facebook page to get important updates on the Scholarship Contest!