Puentes Program Fee
The Puentes program fee includes the following:
- Customized internship in a high-performing business or nonprofit, with meaningful work and close guidance
- Mid-internship site visit with you, the Puentes staff, and your internship supervisor
- One-on-one mentoring with Puentes staff to develop career advancing skills
- Access to networking events and professional speakers, plus monthly “Puentes Presenta” talks
- City tour to key sights and neighborhoods of Buenos Aires
- Private tango lesson with professional instructor
- Day trip to a typical ranch, with horseback riding, “asado” (barbecue), and folk music show
- Access to optional day trips and excursions through Argentina (priced separately accordingly)
- Comfortable, pre-screened, and well-located housing in nice, residential neighborhoods
- Bedding, towels, and internet access
- Pre-departure information and support to prepare for your time in Buenos Aires
- Personal airport reception and transfer by Puentes staff
- Welcome Orientation on life in Buenos Aires and the Puentes experience
- Buenos Aires packet, with local cell phone, local information, and maps
- On the ground support in Buenos Aires 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Alumni support, including letters of recommendation and professional networking
Program Fee Chart
Puentes Program Fee with Housing
Both longer and shorter internship durations are possible. Inquire for program fees for varying internship durations or for different housing options, such as a private apartment or hotel.
After submitting your Application Form and having the initial conversation with Puentes staff, a US$300 deposit is due in order to start the coordination of your internship and Puentes experience. We ask that the balance of the program fee be paid once you confirm your internship placement and participation in the Puentes program. Payments can be made online. If you do not approve an internship placement, you will be fully refunded your US$300 deposit up until two weeks of receiving your first internship offer.
Optional Spanish Jumpstart
Puentes can arrange Spanish classes in Buenos Aires to refresh and strengthen your language skills. Small group classes of four hours daily from Monday to Friday (20 hours per week) have a weekly cost of US$200. If you prefer to take individual Spanish classes, we can set that up for you too. Simply contact us so that we can arrange your Spanish Jumpstart and confirm costs based upon your class preferences and duration.
Scholarships AND FUNDING
Puentes Scholarships: Each year we offer one full scholarship and one partial scholarship based on merit. The 2017 Puentes Abroad Scholarships have now closed, so please check our Scholarships page later this year for details on the 2018 Scholarship Contest.
External Funding: We are delighted to work with you to help you seek and secure funding for your Puentes experience. Many universities offer funding for internships and international learning, and we are very skilled and successful in navigating these processes. Let us know how we can help; we’re eager to do so.
Donations to the Puentes Scholarship Fund: If you would like to help make it possible for undergraduate students and recent graduates to pursue professional and cultural opportunities in Argentina through Puentes, your donation is most appreciated and can be made online.